Hello Little Owls & Families! The time is quickly approaching to enroll our kindergarteners for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. Our Oakland Elementary School’s Kindergarten Kickoff will be held on Thursday, April 25th at 5:30 p.m.
In preparation for Kindergarten Kickoff, families need to:
Register online at https://enroll.cmcss.net no later than 4 PM on April 23rd in order for the school to print the necessary documents to be ready for you on the 25th. A parent or legal guardian must sign the registration paperwork that was submitted online (the school will have it printed and ready for each family to sign on the night of the 25th) once they and their incoming kindergartner are at the kickoff. The school will have these printed copies ready for you. If a family does not have any access to technology, they can visit the school M-Th between April 15th-18th to pick up a paper packet to complete prior to returning for the kickoff on April 25th. If possible, parents are requested to complete it online which allows it to be review and assistance provided before kickoff that could delay the process for parents. It eases the process for all.
Families will then finish the registration process in person at the kickoff by bringing copies of the following documents. Please bring a copy of your child’s:
- Birth Certificate (must turn 5 on or before August 15th in order to start kindergarten by state law)
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Tennessee Immunization Record form (this is the only non-copy requirement and must be the actual TN Immunization Form)
- *A medical exam is recommended for all students in grades K-12 at time of registration. See the Health Services pagefor more information.
- Two (2) Current Proofs of Residence in parent’s name (Example: water bill, electric bill, lease agreement, or other residency, etc.) Other residency information may be requested by the school.
- Proof of Custody (if requested by school based on circumstances)
- Power of Attorney for Care of a Minor Child form (only accepted/required in certain circumstances)
Kindergarten Kickoff is an exciting time for students and families to not only finalize registration after the initial online process but to also have an opportunity to view our school, classroom, and receive valuable and needed information before starting school. All incoming kindergartners attending the kickoff will also receive a special summer preparation backpack full of helpful materials. We look forward to meeting our soon to be new kindergarteners and supporting parents through the registration process on Thursday, April 25th at 5:30.
***Remember that the April 25th evening kickoff is ONLY for registering incoming kindergartners.
All incoming 1st-5th or transferring students must be registered during normal daily business hours.
***If you have questions about registration or Kindergarten Kickoff, please call Kris Needy at 920-7422.